The Six Check Points of a Bit... or a Program
This is how I check the Opening, Middle, Closing of a bit, even a program.
• Set-Up: Does the first line command attention?
• Connection: Is a community (common ground) being formed?
• Reflection: Has my topic credibility been established?
• Oration: Is the point being made effectively (see the VISA Method).
• Disconnection: Wrapping up, reinforcing the point. "The end is here."
• Sign-Off: A closing statement the audience can easily recall.
[Exercise: Use the SCRODS Checklist on the Gettysburg Address]
Speaking in Bits Bit Creation Speaking Topics
(as of June 17, 2015)